Book Now for our next Open Media Training courses:
Open Media training Days are ideal for individuals or small groups.
You’ll get a full day of expert media training either in TV studios or with our professional TV crews.
The training is individually tailored to your job and your organisation – and don’t worry if you’re coming on your own as the days are always supportive and fun. You’ll learn how to:
- Give great TV, Radio & Press interviews
- Handle tough questions
- Use effective body language
- Get your message across
- Look & feel confident
- Deal with the media in a crisis
- Present with impact
- Promote your organisation.
Run by award winning ITV, BBC and Sky journalists/ broadcasters, we’ll give you lots of feed-back, plenty of interview & presentation practice, free follow up media advice and a copy of your TV interviews.
Venues: We hold our ‘Open’ Training Days in London, Bristol, Leeds and York – from the ITV Millbank studios opposite Westminster to York’s 5 star Hotel – the Cedar Court Grand. We also offer in-house courses throughout the UK.
Call us now if you’d like to find out more about any of our courses.
“Left feeling like I had really learnt something valuable that I could use. Would definitely recommend it to anyone that has to speak to a journalist, go on radio or TV. Brilliant!”
“All in all a great, valuable and very important training, which will stay with me for the rest of my professional life.”
09:30 – Informal Greetings
- Coffee and introductions
- What the day is about
- How the media works and how to make it work for you
09:45 – Radio Workshop 1
- How to approach an interview, preparation, jargon
- Explaining complex issues in a nutshell / giving examples
- Radio interviews. Delegates have their first shot behind the mic!
- Playback and analysis
09:50 – Radio Workshop 2 : Planning your interview
- Avoiding common mistakes
- The 3 Key Points
- Different types of interview: Press, OBs, studio, ‘down the line’
- Answering difficult questions
10:00 – Coffee
11:15 – Prepare for interviews on your own specialised subject area
- What information you need to get across in your interview
12:00 – In-depth interviews
- Delegates do recorded radio interviews
- Playback and discuss
13:00 – Lunch
13:30 – Presentation Skills
- Speaking with impact
- How to make them listen
Introduction to Television
- Body language and signals – look and feel comfortable
- What not to wear!
- Understand what’s happening ‘backstage’
14:00 – TV Workshop 1
- Short TV interview
- Feedback on TV interviews
14:45 – Coffee
15:00 – TV Workshop 2
- Hostile interviews & dealing with difficult questions.
- How to deal with confrontation
- Down the Line TV interviews
- Outside Broadcasts / Studio Interviews
- ‘Keynote’ interview